|Source: Technology in EFL|
Thanks to the advancement of technology and total reliance on smartphones along with the daily use of computers, English language teaching and learning apps that help self-learning (Self-Study) have emerged.
But wait! There are hundreds of apps and websites that offer help and a lot are confused about which one to pick up.
Here, at the Lingwist, we provide is a list of the best English language apps to learn English:
1. Hello English
- Available in both Android and App store
- A comprehensive App that provides a gradual approach to learning the English language.
- The app is free and contains more than 400 lessons divided into levels.
- You move to the next level once you pass the test.
- It is a suitable app for beginners who can translate words and sentences to or from their mother languages.
- One of the beautiful features is the notification about the new word in a context and how it is used in a sentence. The word can be explained in a news headline, talk show, or an extract from a documentary.
- When you answer the daily questions or do the various tasks, you get rewards in the form of points and coins. This reward motivates learners and encourage them to learn constantly
- Another advantage is that it provides a list of the most important ten thousand words in the English language, and each word is available with its own pronunciation and translation into your mother language.
Check the links below:
2. English Pronunciation
- A useful app to improve pronunciation and how to articulate words and sounds in the English language.
- Beneficial for students who practice phonetics in an academic study, but it is presented in an easy way that benefits anyone who wants to improve their pronunciation and learn phonetics in order to pronounce English words correctly.
- The app includes pictures, video, and pronunciation guides with examples to make it easier while practicing.
- Using rewards as a technique once you learned the targeted word.
Check the links below
3. Rosetta Stone
|Source: Rosetta Stone|
- It is the most powerful and best English language learning program ever.
- You will experience it alone and face language difficulties many times and then gradually gain the confidence to communicate in your new language, without translation and without assistance from anyone through new vocabulary, expressive images, and exclusive videos.
- The app will be your constant companion in travel and within several months you will reach an advanced level that will enable you to speak fluently and answer questions in English.
- Available in both Android and iOS systems,
- Learners using Babbel App go through different levels starting from learning simple vocabulary and phrases and ending with more complex levels that include all fields of life.
- It allows learners to understand words and sentences through images, drilling of phrases,
- It mainly depends mainly on four teaching techniques: voice recognition, visual recognition, dictation, and fill in the blanks.
|Source: Lindie Botes|
- It is considered one of the best English language learning Apps,
- Busuu App helps to learn the English language through the quality of the proposed lessons that are compatible with the skills of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- The App offers various content tests, rich daily vocabulary, dialogues, writing exercises and techniques on how to construct new sentences.
- The App is available in both Android and iOS systems.