Wait! but there are hundreds and millions of books available in both hard and soft copies and picking one is becoming a mission impossible.
Let’s be honest, there is not a limited list of books you can read and be shared with all people since we differ in our opinions and preferences.
Here we can speak about a few tips to be able to choose a book for reading. First, you need to take into consideration your language level and the language level of the book. Second, check a list of types and genres of books to draw your own list based on your personal preferences. Third, have a friend with whom you can draw and share that list. when you’re done, meet ad discuss your points of view.
To make it easier, we included in this article types and genres of books and some suggested one to read.
1. Types and genres of books
There are two main types of books: fiction and nonfiction books. Within these two types, books are classified into different genres:
1.1. Fiction Books:
Fiction books are imaginary works or stories created by an author. They are widely bought and read.
- The main genres of fiction books are
- “I’ve Got Your Number” by Sophie Kinsella ,
- “Until the End of Time” by Danielle Steel
- “Fifty Shades of Grey” by E.L. James
– Comic books
- “Watch me” by Alan Moore
- “From Hell”: Alan Moore
- “Hell boy”: Mike Migneler
- “The Three Musketeers” by Alexandre Dumas
- “Heart of Darkness” by Joseph Conrad
- “The Jungle Book” by Rudyard Kipling
– Science fiction
- “The Atlantis Gene” by A.G. Riddle
- “1984” by George Orwell
- “Snow Crash” by Neal Stephenson
- “Cinderella” by Daisy Fisher
- “Snow White” by Jacob Grimm
- “Bluebeard” Charles Perrault
- “In Cold Blood” by Truman Capote
- “The Stranger beside me” by Ann Rule
- “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn
– Detective stories
- “The Big Sleep” by Raymond Chandler
- “The Girl with the dragon” by Stieg Larson
- “Rebecca” by Daphne Du Maurier
- “The Girl with All the Gifts” by M. R. Carey
- “Lord of the rings” by J. R. R. Tolkien
- “Game of thrones” by George R. R. Martin
1. 2. Nonfiction Books:
Nonfiction books contain factual information, such as biographies and history books.
The main genres of nonfiction books are:
- “Long Walk to Freedom” by Nelson Mandela
- “The Autobiography of Malcolm X” by Alex Haley and Malcolm X
- “An Autobiography: The story of My Experiments with Truth” by Mahatma Gandhi
- – “Understanding Business” by Bill Nickels, Jim McHugh, and Susan McHugh
- – “Business” by William M. Pride and Robert J. Hughes
- – “Global Business” Today by G. Tomas M. Hult and Charles W.L. Hill
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association: 7th Edition
- Official SAT Study Guide 2020 Edition
- Campbell Biology (11th Edition)
- New Oxford American Dictionary 3rd Edition
- The Gallaudet Dictionary of American Sign Language
- Dictionary of the Strange, Curious & Lovely 1st Edition by Robin Devoe
- My Encyclopedia of Very Important Things: For Little Learners Who Want to Know Everything (My Very Important Encyclopedias)
- Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine: 550 Herbs and Remedies for Common Ailments
- Encyclopædia Britannica
The titles mentioned above are just examples among many other interesting books. Ask friends about the best books they read and the ones that are widely debated and reviewed.
If you think these tips are useful, please “SHARE AND CARE”