12 Expressions Ruin Your Blind Date. Going on a blind date can be an exciting and nerve-wracking experience. You never know what to expect, and first impressions can make or break the potential for a second date. While it’s important to be yourself and let your personality shine through, there are certain expressions and topics that are best avoided in order to make a positive and lasting impression. In this article, we’ll explore 12 expressions to avoid on a blind date, and explain why they can be turnoffs for potential partners. Whether you’re a seasoned dater or a newcomer to the scene, these tips will help you navigate your next blind date with confidence and ease.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- “I don’t believe in marriage because I think it’s an outdated institution.”
While it’s okay to have personal beliefs about marriage, completely dismissing the idea of commitment or long-term partnerships may not be ideal for someone who is looking for a serious relationship.
2. “I’m not really into romance, I prefer to keep things casual.”
This statement may indicate a lack of interest in emotional intimacy or a reluctance to commit to a more serious relationship, which may be unappealing to some people.
3. “My ex was a total psycho and I can’t believe I wasted so much time with them.”
Speaking negatively about an ex can be a major red flag, as it may indicate unresolved emotional baggage or an inability to maintain healthy relationships.
4. “I’m not really a fan of dogs because they’re too needy and messy.”
Disliking pets can be a turnoff for people who are passionate about animals or have pets of their own, and may signal a lack of compassion or empathy.
5. “I don’t like to talk about my feelings because it’s too uncomfortable.”
While it’s understandable to be hesitant to open up about personal matters, completely shutting down emotionally can be a red flag for potential emotional unavailability or lack of maturity.
6. “I don’t have any close friends because people are always so fake and phony.”
This statement may indicate social awkwardness or difficulty forming meaningful relationships, which could be a turnoff for someone who values social connections.
7. “I don’t really have any hobbies because I’m just not that interested in anything.”
This statement may signal a lack of passion or enthusiasm for life, which could be unattractive to someone who is looking for a partner with a zest for life.
8. “I don’t like going to the movies because I find them boring.”
Criticizing an activity that the other person enjoys can be seen as dismissive or insensitive, and may not be the best way to make a positive impression.
9. “I don’t care about politics because they’re all corrupt anyway.”
While it’s understandable to be disillusioned with politics, completely disengaging from the world around you can be a turnoff for people who care deeply about social issues and current events.
10. “I’m not really looking for anything serious right now because I’m still hung up on my ex.”
This statement may suggest that the person is not emotionally available or ready to invest in a new relationship, which could be a turnoff for someone who is looking for a more committed partner.
and the worst is the following
11. “I don’t know why I even came here, I hate these kinds of things.”
Making negative statements about the date itself or expressing a lack of interest can make the other person feel unimportant or unappreciated, which is not the best way to start a relationship.
12. “I don’t like to travel because it’s too stressful and expensive.”
While not everyone enjoys travel, dismissing the idea of exploring new places can be seen as closed-minded or unadventurous, which may be unappealing to someone who enjoys exploring new experiences.
Finding the right words to say on a blind date can be a tricky task, but if you want to leave a lasting impression, it’s important to choose your words carefully. Luckily, there are certain phrases that are almost guaranteed to win over your blind date. From complimenting their personality traits to expressing your genuine interest in them, these sentences are sure to make your date feel appreciated and valued. So, the next time you’re struggling to find the right thing to say, try out one of these phrases – who knows, it could be the start of something great
- “I can’t believe how quickly time has flown by – it feels like we’ve been talking for just a few minutes, but it’s been hours!”
2. “I’m not sure if it’s your smile or your laugh, but there’s something about you that just lights up the room.”
3. “I feel like I can be my true self around you, and that’s a rare and wonderful feeling.”
4. “I love that we have such similar interests, but I’m also intrigued by the things we differ on – it makes for great conversation and learning from each other.”
5. “I don’t want to sound too forward, but I’m having such a great time with you that I’m already looking forward to our next date.”